Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chicken escaped! CHICKEN RUN!



So I put Jimmy in with Sookie. Incase you don't remember, Sookie was the ill chicken that we had to quarantine for a while... when we tried to put her back with the flock, her 4 sisters attacked her. So she's been living by herself for a good couple months now. Lonely chicken. Well, I read in a book the other day, that you start with your lowest ranking chicken and slowly put them all together in an open new space. And do it at night. So I did. I started with Jimmy and took her out there a few nights ago and she and Sookie seem to be getting along fine. Well, last night, I got home late and checked on the two, out in the big open fenced in garden, and there was no sign of Jimmy. I looked for a half an hour... finally, I found her. She flew out somehow, over the 8 foot fencing and was sitting in the dark perched on the back deck railing. Anyhoo... here are the two of them. I gotta put another chicken in there tonight. I think I will grab Betty.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found her, Jame! And I'm glad I got to live the drama with you for a bit from more than 5,000 miles away!

    ReplyDelete